La 6e période
Sports and Art Youth Program
La 6e période is a new extracurricular program that encourages children in Elementary Cycle Three to find a balance among sports, arts, and studies. Specialists in sports and arts will motivate them to be active through a series of innovative activities conducted simultaneously in participating elementary schools in various Québec regions and cities. The goal of La 6e période is to have students discover new passions, at the same time as it stimulates their curiosity and their engagement in school.
Kids have suffered many impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, and now, more than ever, they need innovative initiatives to encourage them to get moving and creating. That’s why the LDT Foundation has established a one-of-a-kind educational program that enables students to return to regular extracurricular activities, either at lunch hour or after classes, for a series of consecutive weeks during the school year.
- To encourage children to strive for excellence and perseverance
- To inspire and motivate elementary-school students, to discourage dropping out of school
- To light a spark in children’s school life with pleasure, curiosity, and discovery
- To valorize the integration of physical and artistic activities in order to complement and enhance what is offered in school
- To encourage permanent change by offering participating schools a program spread over several years
Highlights – 2021–2022 School Year
- 15 participating schools in the regions of Centre-du-Québec, Laurentides, Laval, and Montréal (Verdun and Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension boroughs)
- 12 weeks of activities
- 6 sports workshops
- 6 workshops in contemporary visual arts
- 1000 children taking part in the program